Recommended RTMP Encoder Settings for Wirecast
The following encoder settings are the recommended starting point for streaming with Wirecast 6 and 7. Keep in mind that you may need to adjust the bitrate settings depending on the speed of your internet.
- Go to Output -> Output Settings.
- Select Destination: RTMP Server, then click OK.
- Under the Encoding drop-down, use Default: 720p30 (2Mbps) x264 H.264
- Click the gear icon to the right of the Encoding drop-down, and click View Details. In the window that opens, make sure the settings are as follows:
- Encoder: x264
- Width: 1280
- Height: 720
- Frames per second: 30
- Average bit rate: 2250
- Quality: 3 - (Very Fast encoding) Default
- Profile: Main
- Key frame every: 60 frames
- Time code every: leave this blank
- Channels: Stereo
- Target bit rate: 128 kbits/sec
- Sample rate: 44.100 kHz
Compare your settings to this screenshot and make sure everything matches:
Once you've got the settings correct, click the Save As
button at the bottom. Give this new preset a name, such as Recommended Encoder Settings. Click OK, and this new preset will be added at the top of the Encoder drop-down list. You can now select this preset for your default broadcast profile.