The checklist below is a collection of general best practices for live video production. For a more in-depth guide to advanced Brandlive production recommendations, click here to check out our Production Playbook. This comprehensive document covers best practices for pre-production, setup, rehearsal, going live, and more.
- For best performance and reliability, restart your browser before you start the broadcast.
- Close all other applications on your computer, especially chat applications like Skype.
- Never play the video (with audio) in the same room your are broadcasting from to avoid feedback.
- Remember to change your computer sleep settings so it does not go to sleep during your broadcast.
- Always start the broadcast 3-5 min before your event time.
- Camera angle: try not to have too much space above your head, point the camera down.
- If it is convenient, use an Ethernet cable for a stronger and more stable internet connection. If not, WiFi works for quick Brandlive sessions.
- When answering questions, respond to the person by name and repeat their question. It helps building a personal connection!
- When your Brandlive session starts, post a comment or ask a question to entice your viewers to interact, then respond.
- Be sure to answer your viewers questions or address it and come back to it during Q&A.
- Stand rather than sit. Moving around makes it more interactive!